Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Spirits

In the book Distant Waves, by Suzanne Weyns, there is a lot of talk of spirits. The five sisters mother can supposedly communicate with the spirit world. The girls live with her in the town of Spirit Vale with other spiritualists. Through out the book the main character Jane struggles with her belief in the supernatural. She is torn between loyalty to her mother, and her logical thoughts. I don't know if I believe in spirits. I used to watch the show Scariest Places on Earth, and at times I would think "that is completely fake" but other times in the show I would be seriously scared and believe one hundred percent that a ghost had been present. I still am uncertain about whether I believe in the supernatural. I will have to further investigate on the matter.

No comments: